Department: Marketing Department
Reports to: Functionally to AGM (Communication Strategy) & Administratively to Sales Head – West
Key Relationships: National Sales Head, State Sales Head, Marketing Team, Sales Managers, Sales Coordinators
Job Brief: We are looking for an experienced Trade Marketing Manager to drive the success of effective marketing, advertising, and promotional activities of the company for the state of Maharashtra. An ideal candidate is an exemplary team leader, is very strategic, knows the market and consumers well, and has experience driving growth.
Key Matrix 1
- Creating trade marketing plans & marketing strategies for individual products and product ranges with the brand strategy & requirement of specific market.
- Cultivate programs that attract retailers & customers and ensure products sell Off & On Premise.
- Monitor Brand wise/State wise/SKUwise promotion activities for Regions/State in conjunction with Sales Director and Regional Heads.
- Lead and oversee promotional material as briefed by the Marketing, Sales teams, ensuring all items are on brand and delivered on time.
- Work closely to achieve desired success rate of promotions & loyalty programs
- Track and monitor competitor activities to evaluate our brand performance.
- Support internal and external stakeholders to ensure Sales support activities are completed to specifications and deadlines.
- Align any & all Trade Marketing activity, point of sale and value add items to ensure best in class quality and cost effectiveness with internal/external agencies and suppliers.
- Provide feedback to management on existing/new product launches or re-launch initiatives
Key Matrix 2
- Driving brand awareness across various categories and products.
- Coordinating the creation and delivery of marketing materials (POSM) and promotional articles (Brand wise/State wise/SKUwise).
- Execute proper visibility of brand thru various advertising & visibility mediums at Off & On Premise.
- POS Allocation / Visibility standardization at all channels.
- Managing and motivating a team of trade marketing executives.
- Training and Development of regional teams on a continuous basis.
- Vendor development at local markets as per the set guidelines.
- Maintain brand guidelines and adhere to processes.
- Partner and build relationships with Sales teams across States to support account, State or National initiatives.
- General administration duties as well as any other special events/projects that may arise.
Skills and Experience Required:
- MBA (Marketing) with minimum 5-7 years experience in Trade Marketing.
- Experience in a relevant industry preferable or any fast-moving consumer-goods (FMCG).
- Highly motivated and passionate about trade marketing.
- Strong knowledge of Advertising & Promotional materials.
- Ability to liaise with external agencies/vendors.
- Strong people skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to Multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Self motivated and a can do attitude.